Mike’s Message – March
As owners of Bird Dog & Cat Fish, Trish and I attended the 2010 Global Pet Expo Trade Show in Orlando, Florida, March 25-27. Global Pet Expo is presented by the American Pet Products Association (APPA) and Pet Industry Distributors Association (PIDA).
This year’s show featured over 850 exhibitors, over 2,500 booths and more than 3,000 new product launches. More than 4,100 pet product buyers from around the world attended. Global Pet Expo is open to independent retailers, distributors, mass-market buyers, and other qualified professionals. The show is not open to the public.
Why did we go? For several reasons but these are the top ones
- Educate ourselves on products we carry by talking to the manufacturer’s representatives so we can relay the product features and benefits to you, our customers.
- Review the new products coming out or are about to be launched so that we know what’s coming available and if it is something we should add to the store’s selection.
- Seek out brands that offer our customers the best value for the price.
- We want to continue to be price competitive with national pet chains so we hunt for the best ways to buy our products and pass that savings on to you.
- Fill gaps in our product selection not currently available through our normal distribution channels.
Here are a few things to look forward to in the next couple of weeks at Bird Dog & Cat Fish.
For your pet’s collar a pet tag engraving machine to make name tags.
- More pet beds.
- More cat scratching posts, toys, and accessories.
- A complete line of car safety products for transporting dogs in your car; safety harnesses, seat protectors, bag carriers, etc.
We have many catalogs and brochures at the store for the latest pet products. If you want to see what’s new yourself, stop by and look through these as they will be available for you to review.